It’s been a long road for this podcast, but I’ve stayed the course. The Equipped To Be podcast began just a few weeks before COVID hit and the world went into lockdown. I knew we were supposed to be doing this podcast. People had been asking me for a podcast for years. And so in February of 2020 we prepared and then went live at the end of that month. That was almost two years ago! And now, here we are at episode 100! Let’s take a look at these first 100 episodes and what is needed for staying the course.
I started this show for YOU and I love your feedback. You’re always welcome to contact me directly with any comments or suggestions. Just use the contact form here to email me.
The First 100 Episodes
Let’s take a little walk down memory lane at some of the best and most downloaded episodes from these first 100 episodes.
We’ve had some amazing guests on the show. Take a look at some of these favorite guest episodes:
- Biblical Citizenship in Modern America with Rick Green – ETB #56
- God Can Heal Your Marriage with Jill Savage – ETB #62
- Praying Mom with Brooke McGlothlin – ETB #69
- A Conversation about Love-Centered Parenting with Crystal Paine – ETB #54
- How to be an Effective Parent with Daniel Huerta – ETB #29
- Candid Interview with Larry Loftis, author and NYT Bestselling Espionage Author, Part I – ETB #63
- Candid Interview with Larry Loftis, author and NYT Bestselling Espionage Author, Part II – ETB #64
- How to Respond to Anger and Disappointment with Joël Malm – ETB #24
- Stop Living in Fear with Heidi St. John – ETB #22
- The 4-Hour School Day with Durenda Wilson – ETB #70
- Fast from Social Media Feed to Feast on God’s Word with Wendy Speake – ETB #35
Here are some of the solo episodes that you’ve loved:
- How to Transition from School to Homeschool – ETB #23
- How to Resolve Sibling Conflict – ETB #21
- Knowing Your Strengths Part 1 – ETB #71
- Build Relationships by Monitoring Your Mouth – ETB #25
- Wisely Choose Who You Listen To – ETB #32
- Raising Kids Amid Cultural Chaos – ETB #36
- How She Considers Wisely – ETB #30
- How To Teach Children Well – ETB #47
- Strengths Defined and Understood Part 1 – ETB #27
- Parenting Strong-Minded Children (Part 1) – ETB #10
My goal is that with every episode of Equipped To Be you’d come away with some nugget or point for you to ponder as you go about your day. That might be about your personal life, your relationship with your kids, schooling decisions, or so much more. I’m thankful that you’re here and pray that I can keep adding value to your life. I want you to succeed and be found faithful!
Staying the Course
People have asked me: How do you stay the course? It’s a little cliche but if God calls you, He equips you. It’s so true! The thing to keep in mind is that the outcome is not as important as you getting started and staying the course, whatever that path is. Here are three things that you need to have in order to stay the course.
You have to have an internal conviction that you’re doing what you know you’re supposed to be doing. There’s a drive. You know you have to do this thing, no matter what else is going on around you. The enemy may come and try to make you question, but you know your calling. You may question, but God gives you the winks and nudges that you’re on the right path.
When something needs to be done, you get up and do it. This is external commitment. Your children need you to get up and teach them, so you do. You have a deadline to meet, so you do the work. The house needs to be decluttered, the dinner needs to be made, the groceries need to be purchased, the budget needs to be balanced, so you follow through. I made an external commitment to show up here for you every Wednesday morning at 8 am. So, here I am, week after week.
It’s not worth doing something just for an award or to have your name in lights. It’s not wrong in my opinion to obtain these things, but it can’t be your only purpose in life. Does what you’re doing have eternal significance? At Equipped To Be, one of our goals is to strengthen families and that makes a difference for the kingdom.
I’ll be honest. Sometimes, despite conviction, commitment and perspective, there will be days that you’re more productive and some days that feel like you’re grinding it out. God is simply looking for two things: your obedience and your willingness.
Thank you for sticking with us for 100 episodes! I’m excited about what is coming in the future!
References and Links
The following may contain affiliate links.
How to Connect with Connie
Subscribe to Equipped To Be
If you find this podcast helpful, please subscribe and leave a review. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Have a Question or Request to Speak for Connie?
Want to contact Connie with a question? Want Connie to speak at your event? Contact Connie here.