Yvette Hampton from Schoolhouse Rocked and her family have an incredible story of following God. God called them to sell their home, buy an RV, leave California, and create a documentary about homeschooling. Yvette shares how the perfect author of our lives does amazing work when we trust Him and allow Him to do His work. He is a faithful God!
Choosing to Follow God
In this episode, Yvette shares:
- How her husband Garrett left the Hollywood film industry
- How God was prompting their family to leave California in an RV
- How she went from thinking homeschoolers were wierd to homeschooling her kids
- How she and Garrett were led to produce Schoolhouse Rocked
- How I was inolved in Schoolhouse Rocked as an associate producer
- Who should watch Schoolhouse Rocked
This is a fascinating Abraham-type story that you have to hear straight from Yvette’s mouth. I hope it encourages you to follow God even when the circumstances seem impossible!
I’m so thankful for the opportunity to have been a part of Schoolhouse Rocked and hope that you’ll take the time to watch the documentary for yourself and share it with your friends.
About Yvette Hamptom
Yvette Hampton is the producer and host of the documentary, Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution and The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast. As a mom who is concerned for the future of this generation, Yvette has a deep desire to see a culture shift by encouraging people through God’s Word. She and her husband, Garritt, have a passion for strengthening and equipping families and the homeschool community by teaching parents how to live out their convictions and point their children towards Christ. Her greatest joy is being a wife and mom.
References and Links
The following may contain affiliate links.
- Learn more about Schoolhouse Rocked
- Listen to the Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution! Podcast
- Follow Schoolhouse Rocked on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- How to Transition from School to Homeschool – ETB #23
- Awaking Wonder In Your Child with Sally Clarkson – ETB #26
- What Parents Can Do About The Broken Education System with Ai Addyson-Zhang Part 1 – ETB #57
- Don’t Let School Drive Out Your Child’s Creativity with Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang Part II – 58
- Make Homeschooling Easy with Lea Ann Garfias – ETB #59
- The 4-Hour School Day with Durenda Wilson – ETB #70
How to Connect with Connie
Subscribe to Equipped To Be
If you find this podcast helpful, please subscribe and leave a review. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Have a Question or Request to Speak for Connie?
Want to contact Connie with a question? Want Connie to speak at your event? Contact Connie here.