What Parents Can Do About The Broken Education System with Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang Part 1 – ETB #57
Parents know the public educational system is broken, but most don’t know what they can do about it. Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang was a college professor for over a decade and knew first hand what’s happening in the classroom and why she walked away from her teaching job to pursue something better. What can you do about the broken education system?
In this episode, we discuss why the system is broken, and practical things parents need to know so their child can obtain a superior education that focuses on learning, not test-taking.
The Broken Education System
- Why kids are falling behind
- How the system focuses on theories, not on the application
- How parents can foster a love of discovery and learning
- Why kids need practical experience to learn concepts
- What parents can do to give their child a superior education, not a quality one
- Why kids need to questions their teachers
- How the learning process really happens
Parents can’t rely on a broken education system to provide a superior education for their children. My goal is to help you learn what you can do with your child at home to foster a love of learning that will continue throughout their lives.
About Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang
Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang is an educator and an entrepreneur. She received her MA and Ph.D. in Communication from Syracuse University and the University of Maryland. Ai is the founder of Classroom Without Walls, an alternative school to future-proof the next generation. Ai is also an Adobe Insider, Adobe Education Leader, and HubSpot Academy Instructor. Dr. Ai’s work has been featured in Forbes, Inside Higher Education, Pearson Education, Entrepreneur, The Today Show, & others. Additionally, Dr. Ai hosts two weekly live streaming shows, where she interviews industry leaders in Business and Education, such as Seth Godin and Guy Kawasaki. Dr. Ai additionally serves as a SEMrush Webinar guest and host. Dr. Ai frequently speaks at academic and industry conferences, including Inbound, VidCon, SEMrush Global Marketing Day, Social Media Day, Social Media Week Lima (the largest social media marketing conference in the midwest), and others.
References and Links
- Read the Inc article about our creativity decrease.
- Visit Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang’s site Classroom Without Walls
- Get Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang’s book Skip the Degree
- Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
How to Connect with Connie
- Follow Connie Albers on Instagram
- Follow Connie Albers on Facebook
- Learn more about Connie’s book Parenting Beyond the Rules
- Learn more about the Equipped To Be podcast