Tis the holiday season to be jolly! A season full of thanksgiving and joy and family. While many people are welcoming this season with great anticipation, there are an awful lot of people experiencing hurt and heartbreak over the holidays—an empty seat at the table, a painful relationship, a wayward child.
I know the world is preparing for the holiday season. House lights are up, trees are decorated, menus are planned, but you struggle to muster up the enthusiasm this year? What can you do with your feelings? How can this be a season of joy and not sorrow for you?
In this episode, we will specifically deal with hurt and heartbreak during the Christmas season.
Points to Remember About Hurt and Heartbreak Over the Holidays
- God is near the brokenhearted.
- Disappointment is real.
- Rejection hurts.
- Unresolved conflicts are causing anguish.
- Don’t look around at what others have and compare your hurt or heartbreak to others.
- Consider the other side as you work through your emotions.
- Tell yourself the truth.
- Don’t allow your mind to dwell on the hurt or heartbreak.
- Allow the Lord to change your perspective.
- Don’t focus on the empty seat.
- Don’t withdrawal; seek to find areas you can connect in meaningful ways.
When we focus on the truths found in God’s Word, we can work through the hurt and heartbreak over the holidays, turning dread or sadness into joy and excitement because hope believes all things!
How to Connect with Connie
- Follow Connie Albers on Instagram
- Follow Connie Albers on Facebook
- Learn more about Connie’s book Parenting Beyond the Rules
- Learn more about the Equipped To Be podcast