Have you or your child been on the receiving end of bullying? If so, you know how emotionally traumatic it can be for your child. Bullying is a repeated pattern targeted at someone weaker, younger, or more vulnerable. So, how do you handle bullying?
What is bullying? The act of bullying is an intentional behavior designed to hurt another person by wanting to intimidate or get their way. Anti-Bullying warrior Candace Duggar and I discuss how to identify and deal with bullying.
How to Handle Bullying
- Bullying v Conflict Resolution
- How to help a child being bullied
- At what age to discuss bullying
- How to handle bullies
- Steps a parent needs to take to help their child
Bullies can’t bully without a victim. Teaching your child to avoid and learn to stand up to bullies is the focus of this conversation.
About Candice Duggar
Candice Duggar is the founder of Bullied, Broken, Redeemed, and a nationally recognized anti-bullying expert, author, speaker, and trainer. Candice and her team specialize in equipping leaders, parents, and youth on all aspects of Gen Z Bullying. These life-changing programs use interactive activities and projects to motivate and empower effective anti-bullying warriors. Candice has been seen on NBC, CBN, FRC on top of training fortune 100 companies. She is also regularly featured as a keynote at events nationally and international conferences.
On top of being an anti-bullying warrior, Candice is passionate about helping families transition from public school to homeschool. Her “Coming Home” Series of talks and workshops are a blessing for those trying to navigate the sometimes difficult transition. She is also the co-founder of the Reimagine Education Conference, specializing in helping families transition to homeschooling. This conference is an annual event and has now grown to an international presence with over 80 speakers and 100 talks.
* If you know someone who is being bullied or is bullying others contact the proper authorities before the matter escalates. And if your child has been bullied find a trained mental health professional who can help your child work through what happened.
References and Links
- Check out the Health 101 Class.
- Visit Bullied, Broken, Redeemed.
- Listen to Connie on the Focus on the Family Broadcast or their YouTube channel.
- ETB #24 – How to respond to anger and disappointment with Joël Malm
- ETB #25 – Build Relationships by Monitoring Your Mouth
How to Connect with Connie
- Follow Connie Albers on Instagram
- Follow Connie Albers on Facebook
- Learn more about Connie’s book Parenting Beyond the Rules
- Learn more about the Equipped To Be podcast
Listen to last week’s episode #41 – Listen and Trust God’s Leading with Misty Phillip (Part II)