I met Doris Swift a few years ago, shortly before we both started our podcasts. I’ve been a guest on her show and I’m delighted to introduce you to her in this episode. She’s an author, podcaster, and founder of Fierce Calling Ministries. Listen in as we talk about embracing your fierce calling in using your gifts, navigating challenges, and embracing the seasons in your lives.
This episode is sponsored by BJU Press Homeschool. Visit bjupresshomeschool.com for trusted educational resources from a biblical worldview.
Doris and I discuss:
- Doris’ passion for encouraging and equipping women to walk deeper in God’s word and use their gifts to impact the world for Christ.
- Being grandparents
- What if I’m missing my calling?
- The importance of embracing different seasons of life, including motherhood
- The importance of not comparing ourselves to others
- Facing trials and challenges, such as the destruction of Doris’ home by a hurricane
- Finding strength and joy in Christ
- The need for community and supporting one another in difficult times
- The story behind Surrender the Joy Stealers, a 6-week Bible study
- How we don’t know the depth of the stories of the people we cross paths with
I hope this episode inspired and equipped you to seek out the “joy stealers” in your life!
About Doris Swift
Doris Swift is an author, speaker, founder of Fierce Calling Ministries, and podcast host of the award-winning Fierce Calling Podcast. In ministry for more than thirty years, Doris is passionate about encouraging and equipping women to walk deeper in God’s word, take action where their passion, compassion, and conviction intersect, and use their God-given gifts to impact the world for Christ.
She is the author of Surrender the Joy Stealers: Rediscover the Jesus Joy in You, a six-week Bible study rooted in John 15, which was released in May 2023 by Elk Lake Publishers, Inc.
Doris’s writing has been featured on popular sites and in magazines such as (in)courage, Just Between Us Magazine, Life Letter Café, Thrive Global, Purposeful Faith, Arise Daily, and Spark Media Magazine. Doris contributed a chapter to the award-winning book compilation We May Be Done But We’re Not Finished by author Deb DeArmond, published by Elk Lake Publishing, Inc. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies from Liberty University in Christian counseling, psychology, and business.
Doris currently resides in Florida with her awesomely supportive husband Brian, is mom to two amazing grown-ups and a daughter-in-love and son-in-love, and gammy to six wonderful grandkids she adores.
References and Links
The following may contain affiliate links.
How to Connect with Connie
Subscribe to Equipped To Be
If you find this podcast helpful, please subscribe and leave a review. It’s a great way to support the show and only takes a few seconds.
Have a Question or Request to Speak for Connie?
Want to contact Connie with a question? Want Connie to speak at your event? Contact Connie here.